Title: You Might Be a Zombie And Other Bad News
Read: October 2011
You’re going to wish you never picked up this book.
Some facts are too terrifying to teach in school. Unfortunately, Cracked.com is more than happy to fill you in:
* A zombie apocalypse? It could happen. 50% of humans are infected with a parasite that can take over your brain.
* The FDA wouldn’t let you eat bugs, right? Actually, you might want to put down those jelly beans. And that apple. And that strawberry yogurt.
* Think dolphins are our friends? Then these sex-crazed thrill killers of the sea have you right where they want you.
* The most important discovery in the history of genetics? Francis Crick came up with it while on LSD.
* Think you’re going to choose whether or not to buy this book? Scientists say your brain secretly makes all your decisions 10 seconds before you even know what they are.
What I thought:
If you have ever been to Cracked.com and read any of their hilarious lists, then you will love this book. The fact that they actually research their information, and also end up adding some humour in there whenever they can makes this book fun to read.
There are a few lists that creeped me out, like what certain food is made of, and a list of bugs, but that makes it all the more interesting. There are so many different ones in here, but I love the ones dealing with history (even though it’s US and I’m from Canada), the Zombie one of course, but also the lists about human behaviour, like how our brain messes with us constantly. Did you know that you are technically blind 40 minutes of the day?
If you’re looking for a book that can creep you out but also make you laugh on the bus while the other passengers give you strange looks, this is a good book to pick up. I really liked it and will definitely be reading it again.