Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the Broke and the Bookish, with a different top ten book list each week. Feel free to go to their blog and join in on the fun!
This week: Top Ten Favorite Books I Read in 2011 (in no particular order)
- Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake– I’m not usually the type to read a scarier book, especially concerning ghosts, as the idea creeps me out, but this book was definitely worth it!
- Paranormalcy by Kiersten White– The humour, as well as a new kind of paranormal adventure made me fall for this series, the first one my favourite.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins-This was my first dystopian book, and I loved reading it, I couldn’t put it down at all.
- Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa– This includes all the books. I read all of them this year, and I can’t choose which one is my favourite, so I vote for them all! I just loved reading them, and will definitely re-read them at some point.
- Possess Gretchen McNeil-A stand-alone book, which is nice once in a while, and it was written very well so I wasn’t left hanging at the end of it.
- Mastiff by Tamora Pierce– The conclusion of her Beka Cooper trilogy, that I bought as soon as I could since I missed the characters adventures.
- Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick– Just an amazing book, zombie survival mixed with surviving in the wilderness.
- Firelight by Sophie Jordan– Dragons! Enough said.
- The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong– Not only one of my favourite authors, but this is a new YA series she started, I’m so excited to read the next one!
- The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab– Another great stand-alone book, I just absorbed it, I loved the mystery of the new comer to the town,and the tale of the witch.