This Reading Challenge is hosted by Evie @ Bookish, and it’s to help conquer those reading piles! This is the only challenge I plan to do in 2013, and I will make my list for the books I plan to read a bit later (especially after Christmas in case I get anything). Make sure to check this out and maybe join me!
Here are some of the specs that are from the main blog post, that I’m re-posting so I can keep track:
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2013 – Dec 31, 2013.
- Anyone can enter! You don’t have to be a blogger, as long as you review the book you’ve read! (On your blog, Amazon or Goodreads/Shelfari!)
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that’s been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2012 and earlier! NO 2013 ARCs and 2013 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2013 TBR PILE Reading Challenge. (If you don’t have a blog, post about it on Facebook or Tweet!)
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2013, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- On the 20th of each month one of the hosts will post a wrap-up. Every wrap-up will have it’s unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It’s open to INTERNATIONALS. The giveaway will be open until the next wrap up post goes up! (i.e. the entire month)
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice – we will be checking 😉
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you’ll link up in December will be entered into a HUGE giveaway – a box of books.
- You don’t have to follow all the hosts to join the challenge, but you do have to follow all of us to be entered in giveaways!
Levels:(how many books you’re planning to read for this challenge in 2013)
- 1-10 – A Firm Handshake
- 11-20 – A Friendly Hug
- 21-30 – A Sweet Kiss
- 31-40 – Love At First Sight
- 41-50 – Married With Children
Schedule:January 20th: Evie @Bookish (www.evie-bookish.blogspot.com)February 20th: Rachel @Fiktshun (http://www.fiktshun.com)March 20th: Justin @Justin’s Book Blog (http://www.justinsbookblog.com/)April 20th: Tiffany @Escaping.. One Book At A Time (http://escapingonebookatatime.blogspot.com/)May 20th: Bonnie @Words At Home (www.wordsathome.ca/)June 20th: Justin @Justin’s Book Blog (http://www.justinsbookblog.com/)July 20th: Emily @Doodle’s Book Blog (doodlesbookblog.blogspot.com/)August 20th: Tiffany @Escaping One Book At A Time (http://escapingonebookatatime.blogspot.com/)September 20th: Rachel @Fiktshun (http://www.fiktshun.com)October 20th: Emily @Doodle’s Book Blog (doodlesbookblog.blogspot.com/)November 20th: Bonnie @Words At Home (www.wordsathome.ca/)December 20th: This one will be posted on all the blogs. There will also be a huge BOX OF BOOKS giveawayand this time you can link up ALL YOUR TBR Pile REVIEWS you wrote for the entire year!