This is my first time participating in the Read-a-thon! I’ve been wanting to for a while but I always end up working it. I’m unemployed right now so I might as well right? I’ll add my goals and update this as I go during the day. It starts at 8am in my timezone.
Books to Read:
Old Blood by Karina Halle(111 pgs) Hunt by Rachel Vincent(49 pgs) Forever After by Linda Poitevin(77 pgs)
- Re-read of Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers (560 pgs)
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
-I’m reading from Ontario, Canada!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
-To be honest I’m excited to read all of my books today, I’ve been wanting to get to all of them for a while now. I’m also doing a re-read of Grave Mercy for book club, which I’m excited to get to later today. I’m starting out with some novellas on my Kindle.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
-Pizza rolls! I got a few healthy stuff as well but they’re my favourite.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
-This is always the hardest question. I love to read, I have two kitties who I’ll hopefully get cuddles from while reading, and I also love Hello Kitty stuff. I also have a husband who might join in on some of the reading today!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
-This is the first one I’m participating in actually, and I’m so excited to be part of it. I don’t know what to expect but I know I’ll get lots of reading in and maybe meet some new friends.
Into Hour 5:
I have had so much fun so far! I love this readathon and the fact that people cheer you on is so cool
So far I’ve read: 2 books, 126 pages total
I finished reading: Hunt, Forever After
I haven’t done any more challenges but I might later. Time to go read more!
Into Hour 10:
I was reading pretty well and decided that I just wanted to take a nap to refresh myself since I didn’t sleep in this morning. I ended up sleeping for over an hour and my hubby didn’t wake me, but I guess I really needed it. Didn’t finish my other novella but I will be soon!
Pages Read so far: 237
Books finished: 3 total, just finished Old Blood.
1. What are you reading right now?
-I just started Under A Painted Sky by Stacey Lee. It wasn’t on my list but I’ve been dying to get to it.
2. How many books have you read so far?
-I’ve read 3! They were all novellas but then again I don’t normally read this much in a day,
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
-I guess the one I’m reading now? To be honest I’m not staying up all night, I have family stuff to do tomorrow but I’ve really enjoyed all my books so far.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
-A lot of distractions on Twitter, and chatting with the hubby, and lots of breaks but I’ve had a great day so far. I ended up sleeping for over an hour earlier but it was needed.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
-The amount of people cheering me on! I didn’t know there was so much community support for being part of this.
End of Event Meme:
I ended up going to sleep around Hour 14, but I did get to start a new book and continued it in the last hour the next morning.
Books Finished: 3
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
-I guess around 13-14. I was tired and wasn’t planning on staying up the whole night but I didn’t get much reading done around then.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
-I think novellas or graphic novels in general. They’re both short, one has pictures, and it changes what you read to keep your interest.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
-Not really, I think ti went well!
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
-It was really organized and I was never really confused as to what was going on.
5. How many books did you read?
-3! All novellas.
6. What were the names of the books you read?
-Hunt, Old Blood, Forever After.
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
-It’s a draw between Hunt and Forever After because I really want to read the next books after them.
8. Which did you enjoy least?
-Old Blood. I still gave it a 4/5 but it was slow to start.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
-I wasn’t one but I’d say just keep up the good work! I loved being cheered on by people.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
-I would definitely love to participate again. I would be a reader for sure but I might also cheer other people on.