This post is to show a few books that I read and either didn’t write a review for at the time or had to DNF. The reviews are short
Under a Painted Sky
Author: Stacey Lee
Publisher/Release Date: March 17th 2015 by G.P. Putnam’s Sons Books for Young Readers
Finished: April 27 2015
My Rating: 5/5
- I absolutely loved this book! Who wouldn’t love a good cowboy and romance story?
- The setting, characters and plot were all great and I couldn’t put this book down. I loved our two main girls and how they had to try and hide that they were girls to be able to survive and stay hidden.
- Would definitely read again and highly suggest it!
Author: Jennifer Latham
Publisher/Release Date: May 19th 2015 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
My Rating: DNF
- This felt way too middle grade the whole time I was reading it. I have nothing against middle grade, but that’s not what I was expecting. I had to DNF.
- I couldn’t keep my interest while reading either. I got close to 100 pages and just didn’t care about finding out the end. I loved the idea of her solving cases, but would have liked more depth so it was more interesting.
Ash & Bramble
Author: Sarah Prineas
Publisher/Release Date: September 15th 2015 by HarperTeen
Pages: 464-eBook ARC-Given for revire
My Rating: DNF
- I was really sad that I had to DNF this one, but at 39% in I couldn’t keep my interest enough to read more. It was promising but I had trouble wanting to read more to actually find out what was going on. Maybe it gets better after 50% but I couldn’t continue.