Sword and Verse (Sword and Verse #1)
Author: Kathy MacMillan
Publisher/Release Date: January 19th 2016 by HarperTeen
Pages: 384-ARC eBook-Given for review
Finished: December 28 2015
My Rating: 4/5
- Loved the first half of the book! After about 60% it got slow and I wasn’t sure I liked the direction it was taking. It sped up near the end and ended up being really good though.
- The story about the gods at the beginning of each chapter was super interesting, and I really liked it. I would totally read about just that as a separate book.
- Overall I liked it and can’t wait to continue this series.
Author: Kali Wallace
Publisher/Release Date: January 26th 2016 by Katherine Tegen Books
Pages: 368-ARC eBook-Given for review
Finished: January 12 2016
- I really liked this one! It was a paranormal through the eyes of the “monsters”.
- Reminded me of the show Supernatural a little bit, and I liked seeing the other side of the people being hunted.
- The main character was troubled and perfect for this story. I won’t say what she was, but it was interesting and I just kept wanting to read it.
- It looks like it’s a stand-alone book on Goodreads, but if that changes I will definitely be continuing this series.