The Dark Days Cub (Lady Helen #1)
Author: Alison Goodman
Publisher/Release Date: January 26th 2016 by Viking Books for Young Readers
Pages: 496-eBook ARC-Given for review
Finished: January 30th 2016
My Rating: 5/5
- It had the perfect combination of historical and paranormal, and I absolutely loved it! The romance was pretty good too, but not the main focus which worked well.
- Loved how the “demons” in this world were and how they were different. The idea of how they hunted them and everything was really cool. I’m looking forward to learning more about the Dark Days Club in the next book.
- I liked the Helen and all her supporting characters, especially Darby. She helped so much and she had a few moments where she was hilarious.
House of Whispers (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #5)
Author: J.L. Bryan
Publisher/Release Date: October 2nd 2015 by J.L. Bryan
Pages: 212-eBook-given for review
Finished: November 5th 2015
- I read this one last year but never got around to reviewing it. Just like the rest of this series, I loved this book!
- The ghosts and the background story get better with every book, and this was no exception. I was sucked into the story and kept wondering how they were going to solve it this time.
- Some of the stuff going on in the hotel was pretty insane, but I was glad that we find out more about a certain rival ghost hunting company.
A Darker Shade of Magic (A Darker Shade of Magic #1)
Author: V.E. Schwab
Publisher/Release Date: February 24th 2015 by Tor Books
Pages: 398-Hardcover-Given as a gift
Finished: December 22nd 2015
- Everyone kept telling me to read this book, so when I got it as a gift, I read it as soon as I could. Now I can see why everyone loved it!
- The idea of the different worlds, parallel but so different in their own ways, was just so good. I loved seeing the magic and how they traveled and just everything about it.
- The characters were so great and I’m super psyched that the next book is out later this month! I don’t have many more words aside to say that you need to read this. Now.