A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic #2)
Author: V.E. Schwab
Publisher/Release Date: February 23rd 2016 by Tor Books
Finished: April 4th 2016
My Rating: 5/5
- I liked this one even more than the first book! It has a magic competition, so even more awesome fighting and magic using. Bonus!
- We get to see more of all the awesome characters, including some new ones. Kell and Rhy change because of what happened in the first book, and getting to see each of the point of view really helps. We also get to see what Lila has been up to, and I’m dying to know more about what she’s capable of. Also Alucard Emery is so awesome.
- I need the next book now, and if you haven’t started this series you really should. So good!
Author: Nicola Yoon
Publisher/Release Date: September 1st 2015 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Finished: April 6th 2016
My Rating: 5/5
- First of all, the cover is beautiful! There were drawings and pages with some creative stuff inside and I really liked that.
- I loved this book! I reads pretty fast since some pages are only a few lines long but it was really good. I read it in just over a day and I kind of wish I was still reading it.
- Maddy and Olly were so cute and I kept smiling whenever they interacted. The romance between them was adorable. I wished a certain topic with her mother would have been mentioned more at the end and whether it was resolved or not, but I can always imagine for myself.