I was hoping to do a lot better during this readathon, but to be honest I still had a good time! Especially chatting with people on Twitter. I had a few people cheering me on and that made me feel awesome. I had a headache most of the morning, then I think I ate something bad and I was feeling crappy all afternoon and evening. The readathon started at 8am my time, and by 6:30pm I couldn’t read anymore. This morning I felt way better and I got a few pages in before it ended. But the main thing is hat I enjoyed myself and made some new friends on Twitter!
- Dragonball 3-in-1 Volume 1 (576 pages)
Other pages read:
- 50 pages of Cruel Crown (Couldn’t get into it)
- 42 pages of Front Lines (My book from Friday)
End of Event Survey
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
I think hour 11 because I was feeling so sick. I wanted to read more but I also just wanted to lie down.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I’m not sure, but I know comics really help you read and also relax the eyes a bit.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season?
Maybe a quick twitter chat at the halfway point to help people stay motivated.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The cheerleaders were awesome! As were all the hosts, everyone was supportive and I think that really helped.
5. How many books did you read?
1 and a few pages from two other books
6. What were the names of the books you read?
They’re listed in my post above.
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Dragonball, it’s just so fun!
8. Which did you enjoy least?
Cruel Crown, I couldn’t get into it.
9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Definitely! Either a participant or a cheerleader.