Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here
Author: Anna Breslaw
Publisher/Release Date: April 19th 2016 by Razorbill
Pages: 288-ARC Paperback-Given by another blogger
Finished: May 3rd 2016
My Rating: 4/5
- This book had some super funny moments and I really enjoyed it! The sheep scene was hilarious.
- Avery doesn’t have a huge part, and she’s not around much in the middle of the book, I would have like to know her more but she was a good character. I really liked Ruth too and I liked how she interacted with Scarlett.
- The fanfic story she wrote was really interesting, the ending part of it was the best though. I would have read something like that on its own. It didn’t take up too much space in the book but it was fun reading it.
The Rose and the Dagger (The Wrath and the Dawn #2)
Author: Renee Ahdieh
Publisher/Release Date: April 26th 2016 by G.P. Putnam’s Sons Books for Young Readers
Pages: 420-paperback ARC-Given at a blogger meetup
Finished: May 10th 2016
- I loved this book, and I really think it was even better than the first! Not only was there the romance that we came to love, but politics, possible war and so much more was added. Including a little magic.
- Shahrzad was just as tough and stubborn and intense as before, but you can’t help but like her. I really liked her sister too and I’m glad she plays a bigger part in this one.
- It’s the last book and I’m sad there won’t be another, but this is definitely a series I will want to re-read someday and I think only having two book worked out well for it
I was given these advanced review copies for free in exchange for an honest review.