Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1)
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Publisher/Release Date: September 29th 2015 by Henry Holt and Company
Finished: July 14th 2016
My Rating: 5/5
- I loved this book so much! It was my first read for the Make Me Read It Readathon and I’m so happy I finally got to it. Wish I’d read it earlier but now I won’t have to wait as long for the next book. Which I need right now!
- I loved the world in the Grisha series and I was worried this wouldn’t be as good but it totally is. I was so happy getting back to it, and although I’m in the middle of my Grisha series re-read I didn’t have any trouble getting familiar with it again.
- I loved all the characters, especially Kaz. They were all so interesting and I can’t wait to see how they handle the events at the end of this book in the next one. Did I mention I need the next book right away?
On The Fence
Author: Kasie West
Publisher/Release Date: July 1st 2014 by HarperTeen
Finished: July 19th 2016
My Rating: 4.5/5
- Super cute! The tom-boyish girl finds herself and love in this and I couldn’t stop smiling while I read. This author is definitely going to be among my favourites for contemporary books.
- Family was a big theme in this and I loved that. It was great to see how close she was to her brothers too. Her dad was an only parent and tried so hard, even though he had a tough time trying to raise a girl.
- I noticed some characters that were briefly mentioned in another book I’ve read by the author! It’s been a while since I read it so there could have been more but that was kind of cool to see.