The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner #1)
Author: James Dashner
Publisher/Release Date: August 24th 2010 by Delacorte Press
Finished: August 27th 2016
My Rating: 4/5
- Hubby was gifted the series a while back and he actually read them all before me (aside from the sequel). We watched both movies together as well before I even decided to read this series. In a way I’m kind of glad I did it that way. It gave me something to compare when reading this, and I found that I enjoyed the book as well as the movie quite a bit.
- A lot of stuff was different between the two though! They pretty much kept the basis things but the ending and a lot of other stuff changed. And of course the ending was really good, although a bit sad.
- The characters and the idea of the maze and trying to solve the puzzle of why they were there was great. Thomas was repetitive with a few things, like things being familiar and his memories in terms first half, but after a while you get used to him.
- I definitely will be reading the rest of the series soon, as well as the prequel! And getting the new prequel book when it’s out soon.
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Harry Potter #8)
Author: J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany, Jack Thorne
Publisher/Release Date: July 31st 2016 by Little, Brown UK
Finished: August 25th 2016
- Liked it but didn’t love it. I didn’t go in with big expectations, I was just positive and took my time reading it.
- I know there wasn’t any huge descriptions so a lot is left to the imagination, which was ok, but I felt like it was still missing some of that emotion.
- The script format wasn’t hard to read and I got into it pretty easy after a bit. The beginning can be a bit slow but it gets better.
- I think this would have been so cool to see as a play and I think I would have liked it a lot better that way. Hopefully they release a version for everyone to watch someday!