The Rest of Us Just Live Here
Author: Patrick Ness
Publisher/Release Date: October 6th 2015 by HarperTeen
Pages: 336-Paperback ARC-Borrowed
Finished: October 23rd 2016
My Rating: 5/5
- This is my first book by this author but now I definitely need to check his other stuff out! I really liked this book. I had a hard time putting it down and I finished it the day after I started it.
- I originally had an eBook ARC of this, but after trying to read it last year I couldn’t get into it. This paperback copy was borrowed from a blogger, and I’m glad I finally read it.
- The idea of showing the side of the normal people in a world of “the chosen ones” was a great idea. They’re having to deal with illness, love, betrayal and all other kinds of things, and I really enjoyed how the author showed everything.
Ruined (Ruined #1)
Author: Amy Tintera
Publisher/Release Date: May 3rd 2016 by HarperTeen
Pages: 368-ARC Paperback-Given for review
Finished: November 1st 2016
My Rating: 3/5
- I received this back at the beginning of May at a blogger event. It took me this long to read it because I was never in the mood. I thought the description sounded pretty common and I had a feeling I could predict a lot of things.
- I did end up enjoying it though! A few things I did predict. I felt like some parts didn’t have as big an impact as I thought they would. Like the romance was cute but not swoon worthy. The action and battles were the best part of this book honestly.
- I also liked the kinda of powers I saw the ruined use. There wasn’t a whole lot of their pasts explained and I would have liked to see that. A little more world building too.
- A good start to a series that I definitely will continue to read, even though it was lacking a few things.