I’m Not Your Manic Pixie Dream Girl
Author: Gretchen McNeil
Publisher/Release Date: October 18th 2016 by Balzer + Bray
Finished: December 16th 2016
My Rating: 4/5
- The idea that math could create a way for you to not only become popular but meet certain goals sounded really cool, and the concept worked well for this! She did have some math which I thought would have been confusing but she added notes to help explain things and it was helpful.
- Near the beginning of the book I predicted a few things that I knew were going to happen at the end, and I was right. Such as who likes her, who she ends up with and that some big drama would happen (not going to spoil it). I didn’t know specifics, but a few things were predictable. And yet it was still a good read and cute.
- I think a lot of people will like this overall, and it went by pretty quickly. It was a cute romance that had them finding out who they really were while acting out a designated role from the formula.
The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
Author: Jenn P. Nguyen
Publisher/Release Date: June 7th 2016 by Macmillan/Swoon Reads
Finished: December 18th 2016
My Rating: 4/5
- When I saw this title I automatically assumed it was a New Adult book, but it was Young Adult it ended up being super cute though! There was POV from both characters and I really enjoyed seeing this develop through both of them.
- The idea of having a contract to pretend to date was the best, and in the end of the book you can actually see a copy of it. Which was awesome bonus content. There was a few other extra stuff too which I always like to read.
- I’m definitely going to be checking out future book from this author!