I’m very excited to be doing this challenge again! I couldn’t get all the squares last year but it was still super fun. Now there’s one for 2014 and it looks even better! Make sure to head on over to their blog and sign up!
Here’s the rules right from Kristilyn’s main post:
- Be awesome. If you’re not, this isn’t going to work.
- The challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2014.
- If you want to participate, you can join in any time of the year! Feel free to write up a blog post with the rules linking back to my and Anne’s blog in your sign-up post. You can add your post to the Linky at the end of this post!
- If you read one book for the “1 book” in any category, you can’t change it later on when you read another book to “2 books.” Once a square is crossed off, it’s crossed off for good! (Feel free to print off the scoreboard to keep track!)
- Books read for one square are for that square ONLY and cannot be counted towards another category. This is all about reading ALL THE BOOKS.
- The FREE SQUARES are a little different this year — now you can use those squares to read ANY book you like of any genre! Woo!
- You can start your board over again, but ONLY if you receive the stamp of awesome by completing a blackout. The “winners” of the challenge will be the ones who achieve the most winning combinations by the end of 2014.
- You can feel free to post your reading list for each category, though it’s not a requirement.
- Having a blog or writing reviews for books read is not required. So long as you want to have fun, you can participate!
- Every 3 months I will post an update here and all participants can link to their own updates. An update post will go up April 1st, July 1st, October 1st, and December 31st.
- This isn’t a race, but don’t be afraid to rub your reads in the other player’s face. This will be seen as encouragement. Feel free to use the hashtag #BookBingo2014 on Twitter!
And below I will track my progress, just like last year.
Completed boards will be stamped with a butterfly!
BINGO across ->
B2: Stray, Origin
B3: The Unfailing Light, Pride, Cress
B4: Infinite, Prey, Shift, Alpha
B5: Dark House, Omens, Visions, Brazen, Opposition
Mix It Up
I1: The Blogger’s Mindset
I3: Living with the Dead
I4: The Gathering Storm (a re-read)
I5: Faking Normal
N1: Graduation Day
N2: The Second Sign, The Wallfower #2 (manga)
N3: Sins of the Lost, Thrown for a Curve, Rogue
N4: The Assassin’s Blade, Elusive Memories, Ruin and Rising, Kinked
N5: The Wallfower #3 to #7
G1: Sea of Shadows
G2: The Inventor’s Secret
G3: Prisoner of Night and Fog
G4: Buzz Kill
G5: Dangerous Curves Ahead
O1: To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before
O2: This Side of Salvation, Dorothy Must Die
O3: Traitor’s Blade, Cruel Beauty, The Taking
O4: After the End, Since You’ve Been Gone, Say Her Name, Conversion
O5: Biggest Flirts, Strange and Ever After, (Don’t You) Forget About Me, Through to You, Anatomy of a Misfit