The New Guy (And Other Senior Year Distractions)
Author: Amy Spalding
Publisher/Release Date: April 5th 2016 by Poppy
Pages: 320-ARC Paperback-Given during a blogging event
Finished: November 3rd 2016
My Rating: 3/5
- The budding romance at the beginning of the book was super cute! I was starting to really get into it, and then something happened to do with the newspaper she works on with other students, and then it dipped down a bit from there. I know she needed struggles to overcome but it was a bit much.
- Jules kind of bugged me throughout parts of the book. Mainly for the way she treated other people, especially her best friend. I also didn’t like how she was treating Alex in the second half. She was trying to get into the college she wanted, but she was over the top and overreacting for so many things in this book. Ans the one thing she was trying so hard to do most of the book, we never find out if she gets it or not.
- It had some points that bugged me, but I did still enjoy this book to a point.
- Random, but the cover I had for my ARC was different than the one above. The one above doesn’t really fit the book very much.
The Unexpected Everything
Author: Morgan Matson
Publisher/Release Date: May 3rd 2016 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Pages: 519-ARC Paperback-Given during a blogging event
Finished: November 10th 2016
- Loved this! Andie was such a planner for everything, and it was so nice to see her relax as the book went on. And the romance was great! Not only was Clark geeky and adorable with an awesome job, but the two of them were so good together.
- I also loved that she was walking dogs! I’ve never had a dog, mostly because of allergies and I’m a cat person, but I loved reading about her encounters with different ones. I totally predicted one thing that would happen near the end but it was good.
- Her group of friends were so great, and their group was so supportive during the whole book. Even though stuff happened, I wished I still had friends that would be there for me like that.
- Another great book by this author. I’ve read Since You’ve Been Gone, and both were good so I now totally love this author. I’ll be reading her others soon hopefully!