The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 9th and runs through Sunday, May 15th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 16 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
I had a lot of fun this past week! I got a lot read and I’m really happy with how everything went. Here’s how I did.
Books finished: 4
Pages read: 1521
- To get to at least one chat-I did the saturday one!
- Participate in at least one challenge- Yeah I wasn’t able to do this but that’s ok.
- Have fun and meet new people-I did this too! Especially during the chat.
- Read in the back yard on the weekend!-Sadly I couldn’t! It was a rainy and cold weekend.
This was hosted by Suey from It’s All About Books and Danielle at There’s a Book, from September 28th to the 30th. If you have a wrap-up post make sure you enter it HERE.
- Add all current reviews to Goodreads. –Done!
- Organize bookshelves on Goodreads- I deleted books I no longer wanted, but still have to go through what I need to read.
- Check and update policies as needed.- Done!
- Update all 2012 challenges with books read- Done! I didn’t link reviews but that wasn’t urgent.
- Organize my notebook that I plan blog posts in.-Done! I even colour coded it this time around.
- Change background.-Done! I love the bubbles 🙂
- Update my About Me page-Done! Even added a picture
- Comment on as many participants blogs as I can.-Tried my best to!
- Do most of the mini-challenges.-I read them all but didn’t really do a whole lot of them.
- Be active on Twitter!-Made it to two of the chats!
I also joined an affiliate program with the Book Depository, and am currently in the process of updating my reviews with series link to the other books, among other things.
How did you do?
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 13th and runs through Sunday, August 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 5.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.
This page is to wrap-up all of my progress, as well as announce the winner from the giveaway yesterday. The full Update post is Here.
- Read 5 books/1500 pages: Managed to get 4 books/1291 pages
- Comment on as many participators posts as possible:Done!
- Check out all the challenges: Kind of failed at this, but will try better next time!
- Participate in the twitter chats: I managed one!
Books I read :
- Audrey’s Guide to Witchcraft by Jody Gehrman (288 pages)
- Masque of Red Death by Bethany Griffin (319 pages)
- Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard (388 pages)
- Jenny Pox by J.L Bryant (296 Pages)
And the winner is:
Jessie from Jessie’s Book Place!! Congrats, an e-mail has been sent to you!
I know, I’m a day late for this, but like I said I was camping all weekend, and just got back yesterday afternoon, then went to a birthday party!
The camping was awesome! I did get some reading done, my book however got dropped a few times, and I don’t think it enjoyed the camping with all the curling of the cover. But that aside, I’ll sum up what I achieved.
For my goals, I said I would try for 3, but I only got one book done. As for the pages, I read a total of 880! I think I still did pretty good with working during the day and being busy and then out of town, and I met some awesome new people and some new blogs to follow 🙂
And lastly, my giveaway was much loved! I got a ton of entries, and the winner is announced in the original post here.
I hope everyone had as much fun as I did, and I can’t wait for the next one!
Well the read-a-thon is done as of yesterday, so here is the small wrap-up post for the reading I did. Here is the full version of the updates for last week.
- Read 5 Books
- Meet new people
I did meet some new people, and am following some more blogs and twitter peeps. I definitely need to try and comment mroe on people’s blogs and on twitter, will try my best. As for my book goals, I only managed 2 finished books, but they were awesome ones! And I had a great time reading and talking to others, so it was well worth it.
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- Crossed by Ally Condie
- Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater